برنامج متطوعي الأمم المتحدة يعلن عن توفر فرص عمل
Duties And Responsibilities
Identification of suitable candidates for national UNV assignments
- Verify quality and consistency of Description of Assignments (DOAs), especially that required educational and professional background corresponds to the tasks and responsibilities of the assignment;
- Identify suitable candidates for national UN Volunteer assignments, according to DOA requirements and as per corporate Key Performance Indicators, using talent management to ensure the strongest caliber of candidates;
- Contact long-listed candidates ascertaining their interest and availability;
- Advertise relevant assignments in line with established processes;
- Comply with all procedures pertaining to the selection of volunteers for specific assignments;
- Check references and verify performance appraisals for selected candidates ensuring they match established standards of competence and integrity;
- Keep relevant parties updated on status of identification and negotiate adjustments when required;
- Record actions and data in the volunteer management systems as per policies.
Talent sourcing and acquisition
- Liaise within the Regional Office to keep abreast of evolving demand for national UN Volunteers profiles in the portfolio;
- Support regional and national outreach campaigns in coordination with the VSC Talent Pool team, the Communication Associate in the Regional Office and the UNV Field Unit when relevant;
- the development of a network of local talent sources as per corporate strategy;
- Support the development and maintenance of national talent pools by VSC Talent Pool team;
- Represent UNV at talent sourcing and outreach events, as necessary.
Facilitation of knowledge building and sharing
- Synthetize lessons learned in national UN Volunteers identification with the aim to improve VSC timely and quality delivery;
- Provide inputs as required on identification processes and systems;
- Contribute to the design of capacity building activities and materials related to the identification of National UN Volunteers.
- Perform other administrative duties as may be required.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Knowledge of recruiting issues, procedures, and principles and the ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations to secure quality candidates
- Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency
- Ability to perform administrative and procedural activities to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled
- Ability to engage and foster strategic partnerships with other parties, inter-agency coordination and forge productive working relationships
- Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education with technical training in human resources, business administration or related areas;
- University degree in human resources, business administration or related areas is desirable but is not a requirement.
- 6 years of relevant experience in HR and business administration;
- Knowledge of the conditions of service of the UN Common System or of international organizations is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic;
- Proficiency in another official UN language of the region is an asset.
- Proficiency in the use of office software packages (ERP, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is highly desirable.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted;
- The successful candidate will hold a UNDP letter of appointment;
- All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant Information About UNDP Rosters
UNDP/UNV reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP/UNV at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational