وظائف شاغرة للعمل لدى السفارة البريطانية برواتب تصل ألف دينار
View Vacancy – EA to Deputy Head of Mission
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote
equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour,
ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by
law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
- Continual working with DHM on wide range of policy issues, inter-acting across the embassy, attending meetings and helping to ensure follow-up action.
- Essential administrative support – calendar management, arrangement of meetings, business entertainment events.
- Liaise with all other Embassy sections to ensure smooth running of the Embassy in line with senior leadership priorities.
- Build relationships with a wide range of contacts in Jordan as well as key contacts in London and meet and greet visitors of all levels of seniority.
- Support communications work done by the Deputy Ambassador including commissioning drafts, drafting, editing and sending messages to all staff and producing presentations for all staff meetings;
- Secretariat for the Crisis Committee including coordination of the Crisis Management Plan and assistance with crisis planning and response;
- Support to Executive Office (as required) including covering for absences;
- Ensure receptions/ meetings/ events hosted by the Deputy Ambassador are well-planned and delivered efficiently;
- Maintain registers, diaries and databases as required;
- Take minutes of meetings and distribute as required;
- Take part and assist in duties for the wider Embassy as required.
- Managing a Quality Service – Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Collaborating and Partnering – People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done. It requires working effectively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
- Making Effective Decisions – Effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgment, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
- Delivering at Pace – Delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
Knowledge & Skills:
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills as well as being a strong team player with partnering skills with a diverse range of customers. This is a high-paced role and you will need to be resilient in order to deliver high standards of service in a challenging but rewarding environment. We are looking for someone that can demonstrate:
- Fluent communication skills in both Arabic and English (both spoken and written).
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a PA/EA or administrative role.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to take on demanding responsibilities often at short notice.
- Prioritising in a busy work environment, working alone with minimum supervision, delivering to deadlines.
- Flexibility & ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Strong IT skills including MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Teams).
Other benefits and conditions of employment
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The position is full-time, at 37 hours a week with considerations of flexibility depending on circumstances.
Pay is on the Embassy A2 (L) scale, with a salary of JOD 1,145 per month. Please note that your salary will
be paid gross and you are expected to comply with your tax obligations through completion of a tax return
to the local authorities. If exceptionally you are not liable to pay Jordanian tax, you will receive a net salary
which is minus the deduction of an equivalent level of local tax. Further information on this will be given to candidates at interview if necessary.
This position is offered on a full time, permanent contract. successful candidate will be subject to a 90-days probationary period. selected candidate will have the right to live and work in Jordan.
package includes a good level of health insurance and a friendly, English-speaking work environment. We offer opportunities to develop professional skills through our Learning & Development offer. Leave entitlement is 25 days (on pro rata basis) plus 14 public holidays.
If you are selected for this position, we will be able to employ you as long as:
- Receive the appropriate level of standard security clearance;
- Have the right to live and work in Jordan.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A covering letter/statement of suitability including competence and experience required.
** (Applications that do not include the above stated information will be rejected).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Time) on 16 August 2021.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications, we receive only those shortlisted for interview or assessment will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local labour law.