برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي يعلن عن توفر وظائف شاغرة
Project Officer – Sustainable Urbanization and Resource Efficiency in GAM
The Project Officer Will Have The Following Responsibilities
- Ensure smooth implementation of the project in accordance with the project document and UNDP’s procedures.
- Be responsible for coordination of project activities with other involved governmental and non-
governmental organizations under the supervision of the project manager;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the project’s annual workplans;
- Coordinate, monitor and close follow-up of the activities of all consultants assigned by the projects to
ensure timely provision of inputs and achievement of outputs and deliverables;
- Monitor the progress of the different project activities including the development of “in-house “databases
that documents all related information and provide concise progress reports on: work accomplished, main difficulties encountered, ..etc.;
- Assist in establishing a trusting relationship with all concerned groups including relevant ministries, private sector and local NGOS.
- Provide support to the local Implementing Partners;
- Prepare Terms of Reference for consultants and contractors;
- Provide technical input to project activities where appropriate;
- Submit reports of relevant project progress and problems;
- Work as a liaison officer with the local communities’ institutions;
- Assist in integrating the project annual workplan into the partner’s annual plans to ensure integration;
- Ensure appropriate stakeholder participation in the project implementation through coordination with all
- Assists with writing of press releases and speeches related to events organized by the project, and ensures
an adequate media coverage for such events and any other strategic issues/activities linked to project
Require d Skills And Competencies
- Result-based Programme development and management.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for national capacity development initiatives.
- Knowledge Sharing/Continuous Learning.
- Encourages the learning of others by acknowledging their skill sets and expertise and creating learning opportunities. Creates mechanisms to collect and share knowledge evaluating project.
- Communicating information and ideas.
- Encourages open communication in the team demonstrating the ability to see issues and situations from team members’ perspective.
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches.
- Creates an environment that fosters innovation and innovative thinking.
Desired Additional Skills And Competencies
Familiarity with technical assistance projects and UNDP programme in Jordan is an asset
Required Language(s) (at Working Level)
Fluency in Arabic and English.
Required Skills And Experience
Min. Academic Education
Bachelor’s degree in environment management, energy studies, engineering, science or any related field
Min. Years Of Relevant Work Experience
- 3 years of experience in the specific areas the project is dealing with, including Energy Efficiency (ideally in buildings) in Jordan and climate change mitigation (ideally including NAMAs).
- Experience within UN agencies is an advantage.
- Proven experience working with relevant agencies in Jordan.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.