وظائف مميزة لدى المجلس النرويجي للاجئين
Regional Media Adviser
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are seeking a communications professional with at least four years work experience as a media/communications adviser– preferably related to development/humanitarian crises or an established career in media within the Middle East region. They have experience producing content for different target audiences and a demonstrated ability to find new and creative media and communication angles on stories and pitches. They have experieince producting photos and videos and social media content. Fluency is Arabic and English, both written and verbal is required.
We are particularly looking for a diplomatic, respectful communicator with strong networking skills. Someone who is able to work independently and deliver on short deadlines is key. Finally someone who is patient, flexible and creative with the ability to work across a broad range of stakeholders and topics.
This position will be responsible to:
- Establish good relations with media in the region and ensure NRC has a solid network of media contacts
- Assist in developing and implementing the Country Office’s communications plans based on strategies and plans of action
- Monitor the impact of the communication plans and adjust accordingly;
- Promote, advocate and raise awareness around NRC activities, results and initiatives through a variety of communication vehicles;
- Initiate, produce and support the production of strong communications and media products, including press releases, articles, op-eds, photos, video and social media material
- Manage the outsourcing of external consultants to produce photos or videos when required
- Oversee training of COs to produce content required for institutional donor visibility and reporting
- Mentor, train and support NRC staff in the country on media and communications; including the promotion of media as a programme delivery tool.
- Establish good working relations with communication counterparts in other organizations and the UN in country, with a view of doing joint communication work to amplify humanitarian issues.
More specifically, the RMCA will:
- Establish the format and cycle of country communications plan development, and maintain
- oversight of these plans.
- Initiate, produce and support the production of strong communication products to enhance NRC’s influencing work, build its profile across audiences, as well as public engagement andfundraising;
- Pitch and manage interviews, press releases and field visits to international and local media outlets to draw attention to humanitarian needs and neglected crises, NRC’s work and public advocacy issues;
- Ensure the regional social media platforms are updated on a regular basis as agreed with HO media.
- Produce and update regular media talking points and support NRC’s contingency communications plans; including rapid reactive responses to events in the region
- Develop and maintain a strong media network for the region, including building relations with journalists and content developers
- Establish and maintain a network of freelance content teams such as photographers and video editors based in the region.
- Participate in programme design processes to advise how media and communications tools could be used to enhance NRC’s programme delivery for greater impact.
- Train country teams to develop appropriate donor visibility and fulfil their donor visibility obligations.
- Manage media interviews of NRC staff;
- Provide media interview training for NRC staff
We welcome applications from all qualified and interested applicants. Candidate are encourage to apply early as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy closing.
Duty station: Amman, Jordan
Travel: up to 50% around the region
Duration and type of contract: 12 months renewable