At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We’re pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We’re in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About The Team
The Real Estate Team has the functional and operational responsibility for Careem Real Estate portfolio and WorkPlace operations. Consisting of a handful of passionate individuals spread around different geographical locations, consistently working towards delivering value and inspiring workspace.
What You’ll Do
- Lease acquisition
- Contract Management
- Payment & Invoice management
- Design & Build – Project Management
- Budget Management
- Facility & Maintenance Management
- Event mngnt & Internal Comms
- PA to GM
What You’ll Need
- Reliability and discretion
- Leadership and ability to ‘make things happen’
- High proficiency of Arabic and English
- Interpersonal /Change and Improvement Management Skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience in financial acumen
- Good communication & relationship building skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Experience in managing and supporting projects and ongoing operations within an organization
- Good commercial, contract management and accounting skills
- Good communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Ability to assemble and manage own team
- Innovative, solution driven thinker and ability to challenge the status quo Organized and methodical – attention to detail with the ability to see the ‘bigger picture’
- Strong negotiating and collaboration skills
- Effective at developing and maintaining internal and external relationships at all levels
- Strong influencing skills
Where you’ll be
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
What we’ll provide you
As a Careem Colleague You Will Be Able To
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day